Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Second Look At A Fun Game

Two posts ago I showed a fun game that I played.  It was a KID game that I lost but had a few great opportunities to pull out a win.  If you look back you can see how I commented on the game and you can see what I was thinking.

Well, since then I have purchased, installed and imported a few games into Fritz 12.  Just for fun, I plugged this game in to see how I did and it turns out that I missed a lot of stuff.  Well, make that my opponent missed a lot of stuff and I missed a few chances to better my position.  So, I guess I got lucky to have as interesting a game as I did.

That said, the important thing that I learned from going over this game is that even when a king is completely exposed you may not have a great attack against it.  But as long as your king is safe, the best move might be to attack the other side of the board.  In this game, I got lucky because Mike kept trying to attack my king.  If he would have attacked my queen side, he would have picked apart any chance I could have had to win. 

Just to show everyone the difference between my comments and what Fritz 12 has shown, here is the same game with the output from the program.

Have fun everyone...








Play online chess





No comments:

Post a Comment