Friday, August 7, 2009

A Tough Spot

Okay, I think I have reached that tough spot in my game that many C players reach and then get depressed.

I feel like I'm stronger than I play and I get frustrated that I don't do well. So, what do I mean? Well out of the last four games that I played, three of them were effectively over in the first 10 moves while the fourth I only won because my opponent made a huge blunder.

I have read those books and even commented on how spending time working on the middle and end game had a great impact on my game. But now, I don't know about that. I'm thinking about picking a the Pirc and the KID and trying to play those two against White. They are pretty similar systems for what I can tell so I should be able to leverage the ideas from both openings why playing each other. And for White, I might go back to 1. b4. It is hard to really lose that game in the first few moves because the nature of the opening but then it isn't the most stable opening out there.

After thinking that I started looking around again and find that everyone still says stick it out with 1. e4 and see what happens. But it is 1.e4 that I keep blundering. Maybe that is just what needs to happen. I need to play it more so I learn how to do well with it. I shouldn't just give up because I lose a few games.

I think that is it. I'm just freaking out because I play in a tournament and win three of the four games that I play and my rating still goes down. Maybe my stress point is my rating and I need to just forget about that.

Okay, so what is my goal. Here is its:

As White. I need to stick with 1. e4 and will try the Giuoco Paino.
As Black, KID and the Pirc will be were I'm looking. It is hard to fully blunder these games away in 10 moves because Black develops very slowly.

And I'm going to look over all the games that I can find that were played by GM Sokolsky.

This is a tough time for my chess playing. I just need to get through it and I will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment