Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Thoughts

So here I sit as a class player. An adult, married with a child on the way and a club chess game that he plays every Tuesday night. I think I am an example of the average chess player in America. We are Class C players who play for fun with the hope of always improving but with very limited time and resources to truly enhance our skills.

I have pulled books from the library, watched better players at tournaments, joined websites to play more and worked through the academy in Chess Master. Yet, I'm still just a class player. However, I have not lost hope. I do have the personal goal of someday becoming an Expert (USCF rating of over 2000, I'm currently just around 1500). And I think I can do it.

I'm going to use this space to review the lessons that I learn, to post games that I have played and express areas that I need to get better with or just move on from. I will post the books that I read, the lessons that I discover and questions that I don't know the answers from.

I'm leaving this open for comments becuase I know that I don't know everything and I know that I cannot afford a personal chess coach so hopefully this will help me keep my thoughts together.

No comments:

Post a Comment